Well today is my 25th birthday and I wanted to make a list of 25 things I have learned so far in my life. I’m feeling a little emotional writing this because this past year has been a big year for many reasons. We have moved farther from home and lost a dear friend. When life events happen like that you realize how precious life is and quickly you understand what your priorities are in life. I have also had a lot of great things happen this year. Traveled more, met some new great friends, explored our new city and we became home owners! I feel like 25 is a pretty important year. I have no reasoning for that but it just feels big! Haha Here’s to hoping and praying this year will go absolutely amazing.
So here are the things I wanted to share with you all and they are in no particular order.
Here we go!
1. Stepping out of my comfort zone (moving from Utah) was necessary in order to grow.
2. Making people laugh is one of my favorite things in life.
3. Life is short so always let your loved ones know how much you care for them.
4. Pick and choose your battles.
5. Pepsi will never compare to Coke.
6. I am not attached to “things” as I once thought. The Air Force has cured me of that. lol
7. It’s important to be kind to yourself. Also watch how you speak about yourself in front of kids that look up to you.
8. Don’t rely on other people for your own happiness.
9. Wear sunscreen. Also, when on vacation choose the chair under the palm tree. Sunbathing is overrated.
10. Don’t hesitate to cut toxic people out of your life. If they are only adding negativity why have them around?
11. Spend money on memories not things.
12. Be kind to everyone. You never know how their day or life is going.
13. A fresh spray tan makes me feel like a new woman.
14. Don’t sweat the small stuff. I always ask myself..”Will this matter a year from now?”.
15. Take time for yourself. If you want to binge watch Real Housewives and snack on Hot Cheetos go for it girl.
16. Even when it seems like your life is being flipped upside down remember that it’ll all work itself out. Just take a deep breathe and start again.
17. Family is absolutely everything. It would be a dream to live near them again.
18. Print your pictures. Looking back at family photo albums has and will always be a favorite of mine.
19. Don’t expect other people to get things done on your behalf. Take things into your own hands.
20. Celebrate pretty much everything.
21. Marriage is hard and takes work every day but it’s oh so worth it.
22. Don’t make decisions when you’re mad and don’t make promises when you’re happy.
23. Compete with yourself not others.
24. Lifelong friendships are hard to come by. Cherish them.
25. I am a lot stronger than I ever thought.
Thank you guys for reading and following along. Cheers to 25!